WATER CONSERVATION SOLUTIONS
Water Conservation Solutions…
The Government of India has established National Water Mission as one of the eight National Missions under the National Action Plan on Climate Change.
The Union Cabinet approved (on 6th April, 2011) the comprehensive Mission Document for National Water Mission (NWM). The main objective of NWM is “conservation of water, minimizing wastage and ensuring its more equitable distribution both across and within States through integrated water resources development and management”.
NWM has identified five goals as under:-
- Comprehensive water data base in public domain and assessment of the impact of climate change on water resource;
- Promotion of citizen and state actions for water conservation, augmentation and preservation;
- Focused attention to vulnerable areas including over-exploited areas;
- Increasing water use efficiency by 20%; and
- Promotion of basin level integrated water resources management.